by Kathy Bernard
Recent changes to LinkedIn groups make them a more effective way to stay in touch with clients and prospects. LinkedIn groups have always been a valuable free way to form an online community, share posts, and get reader input, but these improvements make managing and growing your group easier.
Improvements include the ability to:
- Grow your membership by bulk inviting LinkedIn members to join.
- Recommend posts to your group members once a week.
- Manage multiple new member requests to join, all at once from your desktop or mobile.
- Add a cover image to showcase your group’s brand or personality.
- Moderate members’ group posts for appropriateness and relevancy before they’re shared with all members.
- Manage your group’s visibility. This is important because for a long while only the largest groups could be easily found.
- Quickly find posts that ran months or weeks earlier.
- Filter members using advanced search filters.
To launch a LinkedIn group, log into LinkedIn, click the Work icon, select Groups, and then “Create a new group”. Follow the prompts to add your group name, cover image, logo, and group rules. Choose a group name that will attract prospects, like “St. Louis Pet Lovers” not your company name. Post articles, videos, images, documents, questions, and news to engage with your group members.
Build a vibrant community on LinkedIn with improved LinkedIn groups!
Kathy Bernard (firstname.lastname@example.org), CEO of WiserU.com, is a St. Louis-based LinkedIn expert/trainer who equips businesses to maximize LinkedIn for sales, marketing, or fundraising.
Submitted 1 years 227 days ago