by Kathy Bernard
Running sponsored content is one way to attract prospects on LinkedIn.
Sponsored content ads run on your prospects’ LinkedIn home page news feed. LinkedIn calls such posts “native ads” because they should look like other content in the feed with a large image and little or no type covering the image. You can include brief introductory text with a web link above your image, plus a short headline below your image.
Study ads on your LinkedIn home page to get a feel for what works. I’ve found the best ads feature an engaging photo or illustration coupled with an offer, such as a free trial or downloadable document, plus a link leading to a landing page on your website where you can capture their contact information.
To run sponsored content:
• Create a free LinkedIn company page by clicking the Work icon and selecting “Create a company page”.
• Sign into Campaign Manager at https://www.linkedin.com/ad-beta/new-advertiser.
• Choose Sponsored Content.
• Select a Feed Ads campaign.
• Set up your ad creative. Save your images as a JPG, GIF, or PNG file at least 400 pixels wide. Maximum total image size is 5MB. Limit introductory text to 600 characters, but less is best! Only 150 characters show before “See more”. Your headline should be no more than 70 characters.
• Set your budget and schedule your ads.
Learn more at https://business.linkedin.com/marketing-solutions/native-advertising.
Kathy Bernard (email@example.com), CEO of WiserU.com, is a St. Louis-based LinkedIn expert/trainer who equips businesses to maximize LinkedIn for sales, marketing or fundraising.
Submitted 2 years 271 days ago