by Kathy Bernard
LinkedIn.com can be powerful for business if you stay active on the site. Here’s how:
1) Grow your network by accepting invitations to connect.
2) Endorse three connections for their skills daily by scrolling to the Skills section of their profile and clicking the plus sign next to each skill.
3) Accept skills endorsements and thank people for endorsing you.
4) Scroll through the “People You May Know” section on your My Network page and invite acquaintances to connect. But don’t use the “Connect” button in the list. Invite them from their profile so that you can add an engaging message. They’ll be more likely to accept!
5) Visit “Who Viewed My Profile” from your home page and invite people who visited to connect. Once you are connected, send a free LinkedIn InMail message to ask whether you can be of help. It could lead to new business.
6) Like, comment on and share prospects’ and clients’ posts on your home page.
7) Share links to articles, inspirational quotes or questions in the “Share an update” box on your home page. Particularly share articles about your industry. Doing so will help you be seen as a thought leader.
8) Join LinkedIn groups that include prospects and take part in group discussions.
9) Review “LinkedIn Updates” messages that are emailed to you daily and congratulate people who are celebrating a new position or work anniversary.
Stay active on LinkedIn and you’ll soon see why it remains the most effective lead generation network on Earth.
Kathy Bernard (firstname.lastname@example.org), CEO of WiserU.com, is a St. Louis-based LinkedIn expert/trainer who equips businesses to maximize LinkedIn for sales, marketing or fundraising.
Submitted 3 years 111 days ago